- Provide for your pet’s safety. Keep a collar and identification tags on your pet at all times and ensure that your pet is always properly supervised or safely confined when you’re not home.
- Spay or neuter you pet and keep him or her current on all necessary vaccinations, especially the vaccination for rabies
- Urge officials to take crimes against animals seriously and to advance pro-animal legislation.
- Support efforts to enact and enforce pro-animal ordinances.
- Support your local Animal Control program. We need funds to serve the community effectively, to train and equip our staff, and to secure vehicles to transport animals safely and comfortably. We can’t fulfill our mission without your help.
To contact the Animal Control Officer: Please call
The Animal Control Officer can be reached after hours for Emergencies Only.
978-827-4413 Ext. 0
Note – an Emergency is defined as the following only:
Serious Dog Bite
Dog hit by a motor vehicle
At this time, the ACO is not able to respond to cat calls.
Other Animal Related Agencies/Numbers:
Massachusetts Humane Society: 781-335-1300
Animal Rescue League of Worcester: 508-853-0030
Massachusetts Division of Fisheries/Wildlife: 508-389-6300
Massachusetts Environmental Police: 1-800-632-8075